Thursday, September 30, 2004

Vacation Plans and Modean the Travel Agent

Aunt Cookie!

We need a place to sleep the weekend after next. Our humans are going to Uvalde, TX for a wedding. Can we stay at camp Knotty Pine? We love it there!

Woof,
Modean & Goofch

Aunt Cookie said yes, and that she will try out her new cookie recipes on us. Last time she made chicken and peanut butter and they were good. I did get to try them, no thanks to Goo4ch who always tries to steal mine while I'm sniffing at it. He has no class. I am offered a treat, I like to sniff at it a bit, let its natural bouquet develop. Then I (GENTLY) remove it from the fingers of The Person offering it to me. No slobber, no putting the fingers in my mouth. But G-dogg? SO uncouth. He just takes the cookie, complete with drool and a PLOP sounds when his lips smack together. eeeewugh. At least I don't have to eat breakfast in the same room with him. And I've decided that I won't share a water dish with him anymore. He leaves drool-glub in the bowl and hogs all the water, and then drools most of it right onto my head when I try to drink, so forget it! From now on, I will only drink from the watering can that The People keep under the plant table. I don't think Goofch knows that it's there...

So back to the news. We'll be vacationing at camp Knotty Pine, and I've made arrangements for some leisure activities. Aunt cookie will feed us every morning between 5:30 and 7, and we will have some light exercise in the yard. During the mornings, we'll sleep on the tofu matress. Every 45 minutes we'll look out the window to see whether the drug dealers next door can see us. In the afternoons, we'll sleep near the window on the wood floor. After that, Aunt Cookie will lead us in some light exercise and dinner.

I've also made reservations for a hunting trip. Camp Knotty Pine is a full-service camp, complete with a supply of wildlife. I've only seen one of them, but boy, is it ever a monster! I am sure that there are more.

I have also arranged for Goofch to have some sightseeing trips with our cousin Daisy. I'll go along if Aunt Cookie promises to keep me and Daisy well separated, otherwise I'll do some hard time on the tofu matress.

I'll send a postcard!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com