Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Working Dog

The People have recently endowed me with greater responsibility. Every weekend for the past few weeks, I've been expected to maintain clear airspace over the new house as well as the old house. The geese have been increasingly bold recently, engaging in fly-bys even in broad daylight. Something has emboldened them, and I've been working overtime to keep them at bay. This happened about a year ago, and at the time I only had one yard to manage. I scared them all away after a few months of steady alarms. But to maintain the international airspace over two houses? Don't they know I'm a very busy dog?

Goofch has been really annoying lately- he actually dared to edge me away from my own food dish today. Luckily, mom came by and rescued what was left of my breakfast and gave me a few extra liver chunks.

But I don't want to have to rely on The People for my meals. I've had little progress in the job market-- it's all fine until an prospective employer finds out that I'm a dog, and then it's all over. No more emails, nothing. Fine. I'll just have to raise capital another way. There is a good supply of fresh deer in The Woods outside. Next time The People aren't looking, I'm going to try to catch one. Then we'll just see who's eating kibble, eh? eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com